Monday 30 September 2013

Welcoming Entrance

All over the world we find people using charms or decorations at the entrance of their homes to ward off the evil eye … In India too we find common sights of lemon and chillies hanging from the door … or masks of frightening demons … however these are mostly found in Hindu homes …


I was inspired by this  … but being a Christian I had to think of another way of having something at the entrance to ward off the evil eye … and voilĂ  … I got the perfect idea …


I found this comforting Biblical verse written on a wooden bird … the verse reads: Teach me thy way O Lord and lead me (Psalm 27:11) …



I learnt to make a hanging planter from the following link: http://www.tattooedmartha.com/2013/05/14/hanging-mason-jar-planters/

After making the planter I placed the bird with the verse right on top to protect my home …  the painting in the background is of a village scene painted on a broken piece of discarded marble slab …





I used our desi pickle bottles, thick coir rope, and money plants … To cover the ropes I hung some colourful clay bells … and our home was ready to ward off the evil and welcome people …

No comments:

Post a Comment