Saturday 9 November 2013

Inspiration - Doors ... an entry to ...

I love doors ... especially the lovely old worn out entrance doors ... I love the thrill of opening such doors and discovering what they have to reveal...

The other day as I was browsing over some photographs of interesting doors ... I came across the website www.terragalleria.com  which featured beautiful doors of Jodhpur Rajasthan ... I simply drooled over the combination of the beautiful indigo coloured walls the simple patterns on the doors and the brightly dressed women ... I also discovered this website http://www.doorpaintings.com/  which featured the paintings of K.R.Santhana Krishnan an artist from Tamil Nadu ... the paintings of doors were simply amazing ...

All these doors inspired me to make this painting using acrylic paint on wood ...



The traditional way of bathing babies by placing them on outstretched legs is a beautiful sight to watch ... the love and attention lavished by the mother as she massages and bathes the baby strengthens the bond between the mother and her newborn ...

No comments:

Post a Comment