Tuesday 1 October 2013

Decorous Corner - Tiny drawers

If you've ever visited restaurants in India ... you would be familiar with the mouth fresheners or the aid for digestion that is served at the end of a heavy meal ...

Mostly they are sweetened fennel seeds which are called 'saunf' in India ... there are also multi-coloured sugar coated jeera sweets called "palli muttai" ... sweetened dried ginger ... shavings of betel nut ... roasted sesame seeds ... the list is endless ...

On one of my shopping jaunts I spotted this beautiful tiny drawer set ... they were so colourful and cute ... that I had to simply own one ...


As soon as I got home I could not wait to set it up ... I filled up the drawers with toothpicks and all sorts of mouth fresheners ... and kept the set on a small stand on the wall ...



It comes to the table after a heavy meal ... and gets passed around the table ... people can help themselves to the lovely goodies ... Doesn't it look perfect?


No comments:

Post a Comment